Wednesday, 25 September 2013

On A Day Like Today: Style Post

So this is my first proper styling post. I have done a outfit of the day post before but I was a bit under confident about it so thought I would use Polyvore to create some looks I usually wear, without having to take pictures of myself. So here we go...

on a day like today

On a day like today where I'm not feeling well but I had to leave the house (to go to the walk in centre) I go for a comfy look. I want something that I can feel warm and snuggley in so a big woolly jumper does the trick nicely but still looks stylish.

I go for a pair of comfy skinny jeans because, even though I'm feeling crappy, a girls got to try right!? Flat shoes are also a must as they're just practical. When you're in a rush and want to get home asap, flats mean no sore feet. Finally a woolly hat is what I wear for a little extra warmth. It's not too cold yet here in London and the sun is actually still shinning, so no coat is needed. This little accessory just keeps the heat in a little (and also hides the fact I haven't washed my hair today) and adds a small splash of colour.

As you can see I have left out any jewellery, although I love a good necklace with an outfit, and like to wear as many rings as possible on a day to day basis, on sick days jewellery just annoys me. I can't be doing with fiddly bits to my outfit so I pass on anything dainty all together.

I hope you liked my first style post, it's just something a bit simple but I like it and think I will be doing more like this. How do you find the outfit I picked? Would you wear it on a 'day like this'?

Thanks for reading,
Hannah xxx




Mango dark gray jeans
$40 - johnlewis.com



SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Great style post. Love the woolly jumper; it looks so cosy.

    Hope you feel better soon :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you x 2 haha. I love a good woolly jumper day
      Hannah xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this post!

    Check out and enter my Giveaway!! :-)
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cosy jumper and hat :)
    Mia
    x
    www.prettyeclectic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know woolly items are perfect for this not quite hot/not quite cold weather. Heading over to you page now :D xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know, I have one exactly like it and it's sooo comfy. I love it when you just want to live in things cause they're so comfy and they actually look good!

      Hannah xxx

      Delete
  5. Fab look. Love all of it, I'm especially loving the jumper and wooly hat. LOVE knitwear!!

    I love your blog, following on GFC and bloglovin


    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog as well, would love it if you had a look. :) xx

    http://glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/pink-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much just checked yours out and loved it too so I've followed back :D

      Hannah xxx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. thank you, I think it's such a nice yet simple outfit

      Hannah xxx

      Delete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig