Sunday, 15 December 2013

Skincare wish list

A few weeks ago I did a post which was full of all the make up I would want for Christmas (or with any Christmas money I may get) and I decided that I just couldn't stop at make up!!! As some one who was originally a make up obsessive (like everyone reading this I imagine), since starting A Day In The Life of a Northern Girl, and reading so many other amazing blogs out there, I've become a little beauty product obsessed too. So here are just a few items that made it to the Christmas short list. 

Skincare wish list

Although I don't really have any blemishes on my skin, I do suffer from a fair amount of blackheads. I've heard some great things about Soap and Glory's The Fab Pore face mask. This 2 in 1 beauty works as a deep cleaning mask to help prevent the blackheads, but also works as a peel to help unclog the skin. 

Next we come to the Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo which I think could potentially be my saviour. Described as a product that will wash away any product build up in the hair, my real interest in it is for its claim to help with hard water minerals. Since the move to London my hair has really suffered from the hard water. Up in't Sheffield, us northern folks have lovely soft water that causes no problems and tastes like gold compared to the musky, hair wrecking water down here. Since moving I have been malting like mad and anything that could help with this would be a dream. So Bumble and Bumble may just be the one for me.

If you read my post on Soap and Glory, you will know that I am a bit of a scub lover. The Scrub Your Nose In It is made for unclogging your skin and preventing oil build up. For an oily skin type like me I will try anything to help prevent that shine. Less oil build up means less shine...yes please.

The Origins Active Charcoal Mask has been getting some real attention on the bloggasphere right now and I want to join in on the madness! Charcoal is said to be really good for clearing the skin and making your skin soft and smooth. Again this product is a great pour unblocker which will hopefully work wonders for de-oiling my skin.

Another one from Origins is the cult favourite GenZing Moisturiser that is said to fully hydrate your skin. The fact it has caffeine in from the coffee beans it's made up of helps revive and energise your skin too. I've also heard from the odd post that it has helped with the odd eye circle or two.

The final product is the Smashbox photo finish primer. I am a big lover of primers, they help stop shine, they balance out your flaws and pours and they help your make up stay on longer. I've heard great things about Smashbox primers, such as they make your make up look better and they are great for a photo ready finish. So, what's not to love.

And that's my list, the wonder products that I would love to be trying in the new year. Fingers crossed I will be able to add some to my collection after the Christmas period. What would you add to your skincare wish list? Do you already have some of these? And would you recommend them?

Thanks for reading,
Hannah xxx



Origins skin care
$38 - johnlewis.com


Origins skin care
sephora.com



SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I always hear amazing things about Origins skin care products!
    Would love to give those a try :) new bloglovin follower. xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab wish list, want it all haha been on a huge skincare kick recently! The Bumble and Bumble shampoo sounds lovely too. I have Fab Pore and Scrub Your Nose In It, both great products :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually a soap and glory fan but I like the sound of the mask and the scrub! I might have to check them out. The ginzing moisturiser is on my list too!

    Photo-Jenn-ic

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post!
    I like your blog!

    xx
    Kelly

    http://thekelluuu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Blog!
    I am following you now, Please follow back will appreciate it <3
    xoxo
    Red Alice
    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Effective anti aging products for preventing and treating the signs of aging and environmental exposures. Enjoy ageless Health Skin Care . See Much More ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really want to try that Origins moisturiser! Everyone seems so in love with it! *-*

    Happy holidays!

    Hayfa
    http://www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!))I like your blog!Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig