Sunday, 28 February 2016

Maybelline Lash Sensational Review | Best Drugstore Mascara

There are two types of mascara lovers out there; the 'find one and stick to it for the rest of your life' kinda people and the 'buy a new kind whenever you run out,' and I have to admit I go through phases of being one or the other (OK, maybe there are three types of mascara people!) It's been a while since I found a mascara that I felt I just had to rave about (FYI that's the Arbonne It's A Long Story Mascara, which I would love to have back in my life but it's difficult to get your hands on) but I've finally found another mascara that has caught my attention for all the right reasons.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

I have to admit the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara was an impulse buy as I was heading out after work and had stupidly left my handbag make up at home. Not wanting to hit Soho looking like I'd not slept for a week, I popped to boots to pick up some cheap essentials to make my face more presentable for central London. It just so happened that this little gem was one of those essentials.  

I really wasn't expecting much from the Lash Sensational (even though I had read some good reviews on it) and I only really picked it up because it was on offer, but I'm really glad I did. For starters it gives AMAZING length, I can only compare it to the length of the YSL Babydoll...which means super duper long lashes in case you were in any doubt! I've never seen any mascara come close to the YSL length, let alone a drugstore option.  

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Review

Next, let's discuss lash separation! This mascara makes my lashes fan out so wide it almost looks like I'm wearing false ones. I think the curved brush with its tapered wand really helps to give that full effect. Speaking of the brush, the variety of different lengthed bristles allows you to use the shorter bristles to easily reach right into the corners of your lashes, helping them fan out and create a wider opened eye. 

Another amazing thing about this mascara is how well it lasts. I find most drugstore options either leave flakes of mascara down my face half way through the day or, if I accidentally rub my eye for some reason, I'm kissing goodbye to any mascara being left on the lash and saying hello to major panda eyes! But not with this. I wouldn't describe this mascara as waterproof but I wouldn't say it's easy to wash off or quick to run either. It's just a very happy medium I guess. The formula isn't chalky like a lot of drugstore mascaras but thankfully it's not really wet and difficult to work with either. For example it doesn't leave smears of black across my lids if God forbid I sneeze or blink whilst applying...it's a mascara miracle. 

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara on lashes

Finally, the Lash Sensational gives a great curl; even without using curlers beforehand. Not only does that curl pack a punch but it doesn't drop throughout the day at all...and I mean at all!! I can still feel my lashes tickling the bottom of my brow at the end of the day, which means the Lash Sensational really is a winner. 

Have you tried the Lash Sensational? Do you think it knocks all the other drugstore mascaras out the park or do you have any other recommendations of ones I should try? Leave your favourite mascaras in the comments you lovely lot. 

Thanks for reading,
Hannah xxx





SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Ohh I do love this! I found it really good though can be clumpy eventually?! I'm just addicted to Benefit Rollerlash at the moment, it's very similar to this but I do think it beats it out!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I haven't had it long enough yet for it to reach the clumpy stage. Fingers crossed it takes a while to clump for me. I find most high street mascara's clump after a while though. I love the Rollerlash too but I felt it didn't curl my lashes as much I was expecting it too sadly.

      Hannah xxx

      Delete
  2. I want to try this mascara so bad and reading this makes me want to purchase it right this minute! I've got a mascara on the go at the moment so I need to use it up before I can get this one. So excited to try it though as it sounds like it'll be great for my lashes!
    --
    missbeautyemily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should go get it asap, it's truly amazing :)

      Hannah xxx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this, it has a similar looking brush to the Benefit Roller Lash, which I absolutely love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should try it, it's so amazing. Yeah it is actually pretty similar to the roller lash brush, didn't notice that before :)

      Hannah xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks amazing! A few years ago when I got my first job I decided I could afford to convert fully to the Lancome Drama mascara which is my absolute fave. However, being a student I feel like I can no longer truly justify buying it every 3 months or so, I'm going to have to try this! Really like your blog, want to follow each other on Bloglovin' so we can keep up with each others' posts?

    -Ruby Xx

    Another Ruby Tuesday / Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using this mascara for like a year now. There is no need for anything else, it's so so good. I haven't found anything at Nordstrom of Sephora that I like any better, and you can't beat the price since you have to toss mascara every 3 months anyway. While I love how it works on it's own, I only realized this curling trick recently that you can do with a wand like this. Soo good! http://thebeautydepartment.com/2016/05/how-to-use-a-curling-mascara-properly/

    ReplyDelete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig