Monday, 16 May 2016

Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation Review

It's not very common that I make it to the end of a foundation without wanting to go out and try something new, or that my skin has completely started to reject the product it once knew and loved. Saying that, it's not very common that I actually reach the end of a foundation at all, let alone go out and repurchase it. But I think this is all because I had never used the Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation before.

Gone are the days of constantly researching a better foundation for oily skin. Gone are the days where I'm reaching for one of my many half empty bottles that I have in my collection and gone are the days where I'm looking for the next foundation that will hopefully be THE foundation. And I have Vichy to thank for that!

Now, casting my mind way back to almost 2 years ago, I went to Vichy's launch of several new products to their Dermablend range (see that post here because there really are some amazing products in this range) and this is when the Fluid Corrective Foundation caught my eye. If you don't know much about Vichy's Dermablend range then here's the most important thing; Vichy takes pride in making this make up for even the most sensitive of skin types to use and love, and thus the healthy make up was born.

Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation Review

 So, now on to why I just love this stuff and why I haven't touched another foundation for a least a year. First of all the coverage is amazing. Now I'm not someone that has particularly bad skin but I do have a very uneven skin tone and when I do get a pesky little blemish, my God does that little thing scar my face up. It takes months for the remnants of each blemish to disappear from my face, but the Dermanblend Fluid Correction Foundation really does cover my skin flawlessly. To top it off, and help support my amazing coverage claim, it's well known that make up artists use this foundation to cover tattoos and acne...now you can't argue with that.

Next comes the formula. For a medium to thick liquid foundation the Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation feels so ridiculously light on the skin. Ok, yes if you are trying to blend a 5p sized amount onto your face you are going to feel it, but the point with this foundation is that you really don't need much to go a long way. I only use a pea's size amount on my brush then dot that round my face and this covers and blends perfectly and feels like I have nothing on my skin. One little negative about this foundation is that it can transfer if you're wearing too much, so if you're wanting a really thick layer and heavy foundation look than I definitely recommend setting it with some powder or using a setting spray.

Then we come to the 16 hours this foundation claims to stay on the skin for. Well I have to say that I don't think there has been a time where I have needed to wear this foundation for 16 hours but I know for a fact that my skin still looks great when I'm washing it off at 10pm after it's been applied at 8am. It never needs topping up throughout the day and certainly lasts a full day after suffering the morning London commute and awful office air con without being affected. Not only does it last a long time on the face, it also last's a long time in your make up collection. Due to only needing a small amount to cover my whole face, a little really does go a really long way with this foundation, it has lasted me months without even a hint of running out or needing to repurchase. 

And finally, the finish of this foundation is definitly matte so it works perfectly for oily skin types. However, if you add a little bit of highlight to the skin, or mix the foundation with a brightening moisturiser, you can certainly get a glowy look. It is hard to say anything bad about this product but sadly here comes another small negative. Unfortunately, like most foundations found in the drugstore or on the high street, the colour range isn't the best. I use Opal (number 15) which is the second lightest shade they have and I'd consider myself to have a medium skin tone. Saying that, it looks like they have added a few more shades since I first purchased it so I wouldn't let this stop you for checking to see if you can find a shade to match.

In summary:
Coverage = Flawless
Longevity = Over 14 hours
Formula = Medium but buildable
Finish = Matte
Price = £18 for 30ml

All in all I really can't say a bad thing against this foundation. For something that covers so well, lasts so long on the skin and blends so well when applying, the few minor negatives that come with it are easily forgotten. This foundation is a must for anyone with bad skin or for those that just like a decent coverage with minimal effort. It's also a great one for us shiny faced gal's.

Thanks for reading,
Hannah xxx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Sounds good! I've tried Vichy skincare but never the foundation or makeup. For £18 thats not bad!

    F x

    thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard lots of good things about this foundation, it isn't a bad price either xo

    ReplyDelete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig