Saturday, 8 October 2016

Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Lipstick in Coy Review and Swatches

I did something out of the ordinary the other week. Something I never really do and something that I shocked even myself by doing; I bought a non matte lipstick (*huge gasp*). 

If you're a long time reader of my little space of the internet you'll know that matte is a description I could use for 95% of the products I own and shimmery, glittery or glossy are almost swear words in my world. But, there I was, finding myself saying "yeah, go on then" to a creamy lipstick. I was off to a wedding and my usual dark, brown and, well, a little lifeless lipstick don't quite work for such a joyful formal occasion so I agreed to go for something different. Obviously (by the title of this post) Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Lipstick in Coy was my weapon of choice for such an occasion. 

Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Lipstick in Coy

This lipstick is a beautiful darker pink shade with a tiny hint of a brown undertone. It's very much a shade that is a (and I really hate using this phrase but sadly it sums it up entirely) 'your lips but better' one. The consistency is very buttery and creamy. Once on the lip the Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip lipstick gives a subtle hint of shine but it isn't in your face glossy. I mean I didn't want to stray too far away from my comfortable matte lip look now did I? 

This lipstick last amazing on the lip for something that isn't matte. Eating and drinking don't seem to effect it too much and you only have to reapply once or twice in a night. No, it's not going to last half as long as a matte shade or a liquid lipstick but for a sheer formula, which are nuturiously bad for longevity, the Laura Meecier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip lipstick does a very decent job. 

Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Lipstick in Coy swatch

The pigmentation is also really great for a creme product. You only have to swipe two or three layers on the lip to get a strong pay off. Again, it doesn't compare to the one layer you need from a liquid lipstick but it's really great non the less. 

All in all I am very impressed and was totally won over by the Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip lipstick. I have to admit, I don't think it's completely convinced me to leave my matte obsession behind but I certainly wasn't disappointed with this lipstick. I definitely don't regret buying it and have worn is several times since the wedding, which I didn't really expect to do. Big thumbs up from me.

Have you tried the Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip range? Which Laura Mercier lip products are you favourite? 

Thanks for reading 
Hannah xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig